Monday, July 26, 2010

Thank goodness for Resolve

The main reasons I started this blog were to provide a way to keep family and friends updated on the events of our life and for a way to record those memory keepsakes.  So with that...

I want to send a thank-you note to whoever invented Resolve carpet cleaner.  Isaac thrives on getting dirty and making messes these days.  Tonight we went outside and within no time he found a mud puddle and was squishing mud below his toes and into his sandals.  I love the world of little boys!

Yesterday he discovered that his milk seeped out the top of his sippie cup and before I knew it, he had the thing turned upside down shaking it with all his might to make "milk art" on the carpet.  He got in trouble for it, but for those of us who are parents I think we can agree that half of the things we punish are secretly things we think are hilarious and a fun part of the journey.  When was the last time we, as adults, were entertained by such simple discoveries?  As the old saying goes...there's no use crying over spilled milk.  In this case, I really wanted to laugh.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Carpet can always be replaced but these type of moments cannot. Very good aproach mom, discipline is a must but loving them is a necessity-for us!
    love you
    dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see Isaac and Gracie in a few weeks! I'm most excited about playing with Isaac! Please tell him I'm looking forward to a play date or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Milk art, huh? Sounds exciting to me. Especially since it happened at YOUR house!

    ReplyDelete