It's been a while since I updated Letters from Mommyville. The month of June has been an extremely busy one for us.
The first week in June we visited Matt's mom and sisters in Florida. Between airport delays and the beach, we had quite the adventure, to say the least, so look for another blog update about our trip. While we were there, we got to spend some time with our new nephew, Westin. It was so much fun seeing Isaac interact with a 4 week old baby. He was so sweet with Westin, patting him in the car seat when he got fussy on long car trips and helping us with "shhhh" sounds. We're excited to see him with Gracie when she arrives in about a month and a half. He has such a sweet and helpful spirit. He's going to be a great big brother!
The second week of June we had Vacation Bible School at our church which kept us busy in the mornings and worn out in the afternoons. Not to mention, Isaac started going through a separation anxiety from mommy that made for some bedtime and naptime battles. Oy!
The following week we made a trip to Oklahoma to visit Grammy and Grandad (my parents) one last time before I'm on a travel restriction with the upcoming birth of our baby girl. I'll admit, it's usually not as tough to leave my parents when returning home to west Texas. But this time, it was pretty difficult. For some reason, it was extremely hard to think about the fact that the next time I see my parents I'll have another child.
I know that babies are born everyday to gals who live hours away from family, but there was just something comforting about the fact that my parents were there as soon as my son was born. But this time, there's no guarantee that my parents will be able to come right away when Gracie arrives, depending on when she decides to make her entrance into the world. I am, however, extremely blessed to have substitute "moms/grandmas" close by to help when needed.
This pregnancy has been challenging in ways I never expected. From health concerns and sheer exhaustion to fear and worry, I've been challenged in many ways to trust God as I never have before. "Life" as it progresses has held so many challenges over the past few months. But God is teaching me on a new level that even when life is extremely difficult and tomorrow holds so many uncertainties, He is still in control and He is still the same faithful God that He has always been.
"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you." (Isaiah 26:3 ESV)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment