Gracie turned three months old a couple of weeks ago! She continues to have the sweetest little spirit -- she still hardly ever cries unless she's hungry, she loves to be cuddled, and offers the sweetest smiles anytime you look at her. I hold her every chance I get, and most of the time she wants to be held by mommy rather than anyone else. She's already been labeled a "mama's girl" by my parents.
When I first discovered I was having a girl, I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Obviously, I would love my baby no matter what. But I always had in the back of my mind I would have a house full of boys -- as if it were my choice! Boys are easier, less maintenance...and cheaper throughout the years. But the moment I met Gracie my heart has felt such a tenderness I have never experienced. There are obvious differences between having a boy and a girl. She adds such a delicate presence to our family that you don't see in little boys, who are interested in throwing things across the room to see them crash. She is such a little "girlie girl" already, with the cutest little whimpers when she cries. I love the distinction I already see between my two children...each is special and unique, created with differences as God intended.
She started giggling the day before her three month birthday! And what merited such a momentous occasion? Big brother being silly! I was so thankful the camera was handy and we were able to get most of it on video. I've been privileged to be the receiver of those giggles a couple of times, but Isaac gets giggles more than anyone else. She loves her big brother and her face absolutely lights up when he's in sight. And I'd say he's pretty fond of her as well -- he acts pretty sweet towards his little sister and often talks to her in higher pitched baby voices.
She's a good sleeper at night and, so far, takes an extended afternoon nap in sync with her big brother's afternoon nap...which allows Mommy to get a good afternoon nap in as well!
She's recently started "playing" -- batting her hands at baby toys and reaching out to grab things. Her motions are still a little jerky, but she's intentionally reaching for things. So, of course, Matt and I celebrate by telling her she's the smartest little baby in the whole world! :)
We love our little girl and feel so blessed to have such wonderful children! They are as cute as a button and have the sweetest, kindest personalities. "Thank you, Lord, for the blessings of our children."
| after bathtime |



No comments:
Post a Comment