Saturday, September 21, 2013

Gracie and Mommy Day

Matt and I have decided that our kids are at an age where they need special time to spend with us individually.  And poor Gracie, she's the middle child.  Isaac is the oldest, and since we homeschool, he gets individual time with me everyday while the girls are napping.  Hannah is the baby, so by default, she gets a lot of time with me.  And Gracie, sweet girl, just kind of goes with the flow.  But we've started to notice she seems to really need some extra attention lately.

So today (Friday), she and I had our first "Gracie and Mommy" day.

We grabbed our purses... 


...and headed to get our nails done.  


I am so blessed to have a little girly girl.  She is all princess and tiaras, twirly skirts and makeup.  And loves the colors pink and purple.  So what color did she tell her Daddy she would get before we even left the house?  Dark blue.  Not light blue.  Dark blue.  Mine was the pink.  


She had the choice of getting our nails done first or eating lunch.  She chose the nails.  So we munched on some goldfish crackers and complimentary sprite while we waited to get our nails done.


 She was so cute I could barely stand it!



She did so good!  She's hit the same "shy stage" her brother went through at her age, so I was a little worried that she wouldn't let them work on her nails.  But what was I worried about with a professional princess like her?







Pretty blue nails with a single white polka dot on each nail.





Next was lunch, just us girls.  At first she wanted Cracker Barrel before we left, which made her 5 year old brother extremely jealous.  Of all restaurants, he loves Cracker Barrel.  After we left the house, she wanted Chili's.  And after our nails were finished, it was McAlister's Deli.  I think the idea of getting an entire, giant cookie just for herself was the deciding factor.








Headed home for a nap together snuggled in my "big bed" on a rainy afternoon.

Love, love, LOVE this sweet girl.  I am so blessed beyond measure to be her Mommy.  I'm convinced I need these times with her just as much as she does.   

2 comments:

  1. She reminds me so much of you! I am glad that you done this it looked like she was in mommy bliss. This is a good thing and I am glad you realized her situation. Do this often and enjoy. You are such a good mother and you deserved some pampering too. Love you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that the two of you got to do that!!! You guys looked like you had lots of fun!! With going on with 3 boys I wish that I would be able to have a day like that. Gracie and Hannah are lucky to have a great mom like you! I sure do love you guys.

    ReplyDelete