It's been about a month since I've blogged anything. Things have been pretty hectic lately, but finally seem to be slowing down a bit. I was working part-time for a while filling in for our church's administrative assistant who has been ill. It's crazy how much I missed being home with my kiddos in the morning. Morning time is "our" time. We do our fun craft projects or play with cars...or Play-doh...or tickle until my kids are blue in the face. They've already grown up way too fast and this time with them is SO incredibly precious.
A few updates on the youngsters...
Isaac is such a funny little guy! He says the cutest things. I need to write about some of the "Isaac-isms" we've heard lately. He's also started calling us "Mom" and "Dad" and I'm not sure I like that very much. It means he's getting bigger. And speaking of getting bigger, potty training for our "big boy" went extremely well! Once the little guy got it in his head that he was ready to go in the potty, it took him about 4 days to get it down without any accidents. I really wish I would've listened to those moms who told me, "It's gotta be their idea. Don't even try until then." We didn't take a pushy approach with Isaac at all, but we sure started to stress a little that he would near his fourth birthday in diapers! And quite frankly, we were tired of buying two sets of diapers for our kiddos.
(Big sigh of exhaustion). Gracie is currently teething. She must be getting several teeth at once again, because she has been extremely fussy and moody lately. She's also taken every opportunity to exert her "independent spirit." She still scoots around like a little monkey (video coming soon) rather than crawling, but she started pulling up about a month ago and now she's climbing anything low to the ground. Having a little climber is new for me. Isaac never really climbed anything except the stairs. And Gracie climbs anything but the stairs. The other day our little 14-month old, who -- mind you -- doesn't walk yet, was climbing up the Little Tikes slide on all fours like a little monkey. I always thought it would be my little boy jumping off of things with no consideration of safety. But I have a weird feeling that our "little princess" might be the one to worry about.
Recent video clips and pictures coming soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment