One good thing about small towns is the opportunities you encounter. I took the kids on a walk yesterday morning in the double stroller. While on our walk, we walked right past a backhoe loader-- what Isaac refers to as a "digger and a bulldozer!"
Isaac's current fascination is trucks. Anything trucks. Big trucks (semi-trucks). Diggers. Dumpers. Car transporters. We have books about trucks that are currently his favorite picks to read before bedtime.
So he got out of the stroller, looked at it for a few minutes, and then we continued on our walk. And about two minutes later, we spotted a cement truck across the street spinning its mixer. Because it was at it's "home base" (for lack of a better word) rather than on a work site, I figured we'd journey over and see if we could get an up-close look at it.
Roy, its operator, was more than happy to let us check it out, so he pulled it out from underneath the "cement loading carport" thing and Isaac had a chance to point out all the parts of the truck that he's learned from one of his books.
So I snapped a picture and we were on our way. Since the backhoe loader was so close, we went back and I attempted to get his picture with it as well, but he thought I was trying to sit him on it rather than stand by it. For some reason, the boy loves to look at these things, but he will not sit on them -- never mind the fact I wasn't even trying to sit him on it. So he would have nothing to do with taking a picture. But nonetheless, he had a great adventure story to tell Daddy.
Friday, April 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment