I turned 30 today. I never thought I would think twice about turning 30, but what is it about changing the first digit in your age that makes you evaluate your life? In many ways, life is no where near what I thought it would look like at this point. But in other ways, life is so much better than what I thought it would be. I have a wonderful husband and two absolutely adorable, amazing children...all of whom keep my life fun and interesting. And they are more of a blessing than I would ever think to ask of God.
I don't know that I have ever really set myself goals to accomplish by the time I turned 30. I think I pictured myself in better shape by this point. But the biggest desire of my heart has pretty much always been to be a full-time, stay-at-home mom. And God has graciously allowed that to me. I look at some moms who have 10 year olds by this age, and my oldest is two and a half. So I reckon I will still feel as young (and exhausted) as those 22 year olds who have the 2 year old children. I'm just not sure my 30 year old energy level can compete with what I had at twenty-two. :)
Nonetheless, it's been a good day. Not much different. I had some great memories from the 20s. But I'm quite certain the 30s will hold just as many surprises and keepsakes as the last decade. I still just hate the fact that I turned 30 before my husband. He doesn't let me forget. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment