Well, I decided to start a blog. We live in a small, west Texas town and the closest family is six hours away...but traveling with a small child, the trip easily turns into about eight (at minimum). Not long after we moved to west Texas in January 2009, some friends encouraged me to start a blog. And now, over a year later, I've actually started one. The more I thought about it, the more it sounded like a great idea. Our house is full of excitement these days with a 21-month old and another baby on the way. And while it's hard that our family doesn't have the opportunity to experience all the random, new developments of our son or see my belly grow bigger by the minute (it seems), I'm excited to have an avenue to post videos, pictures, and those exciting events and memories that I want to remember myself, plus share with family and friends that we rarely get to see these days. And sometimes, Facebook, as great as it is, just doesn't cut it.
So I'm sure that the predominant theme of my blog will be my son and my daughter (when she arrives in August). I'm a stay-at-home mom and I LOVE it! I absolutely love getting to play with my son all day. Or see him put on his favorite hat (an old Country Crock butter bowl) and drive his little cars around the house. I love that he is my little helper when I unload the dishwasher (his specialty is putting away the silverware). I love that I get to be here for his afternoon nap. Before we moved to west Texas I had a great job at the University of Oklahoma. I loved what I did! I had a great boss. I had excellent benefits. A nice office. But it still doesn't compare to being a SAHM. My kids are only little for so long, and I love being here for all the "first" big moments. I'm so thankful to God that he has faithfully provided for us, and I'm thankful to have a hardworking husband who supports this decision for our family. Other than that, who knows what will come from "Letters from Mommyville." I'm a wannabe interior designer and I'm always on a "find cute projects that will decorate my house on a budget" kick. So whether it's cute craft projects or something God has taught me through His Word, I hope you are encouraged and uplifted through my blog. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Yea! I'm so glad you are blogging! That way when I DON'T get to visit with you on any Sunday, I can keep up with what's going on....or I could pick up my cell and call, huh? Have fun blogging!
ReplyDeleteHey Tasha! I didn't know you were going to have a sweet baby girl! It's so much fun having one of each . You get to experience the blessings of having one of each :) Have fun blogging too! It's a great outlet for whatever is on your mind as well...can't wait to read more!
ReplyDeleteYeah, tosha! Glad to be able to keep up with you on here! We miss you guys lots.
ReplyDelete